December 13, 2008

Hello world

Greetings my fellow Radio Operators. This blog is something new for me. Hopefully it may contain something interesting for others to try themselves. You have probably come across this by typing my call in QRZ.com or Google. Most pertinent information about my station can be found there. Items that require more detail and depth can be found here.

A little bit about my operating:

You will find me the most somewhere on the HF bands. Most of my operating tends to be in the evenings or late at night. Recently I have spent most of my time chasing DX on 80m and having casual QSOs on 40m. When conditions are good, 17m is my favorite band. No contest and everyone is friendly. Sometimes I get on a couple of local repeaters but not very often due to the times I can operate. Every now and then I dust off the TNC and chat on VHF Packet. One of my favorite things to do is operate HF portable in the great outdoors.

That may give others an idea of what I like to do.

73 AB8XX



No comments: